ʟᴀʏᴏᴜᴛ ʙʏ © ᴍ ᴏ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ
    Welcome! ♥

    This is a blog which I put together the things I love and anything under the sky.

    I love fashion, photography, food and many other pretty things.
    I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

    Don't forget to leave a comment!

    Happy reading, loves! ♥

    Follow me ♥
    Facebook
    Sarah Thum

    Create Your Badge

    Twitter
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    By TwitterButtons.com
    Tagboard ♥
    Ask anything! ♥



    Reflections.

    2013 has been bittersweet. There were many trials and testings along the way but I'm so thankful I made it through. Just yesterday I was asking myself : 

    "What have I achieved in 2013?" 

    Well, A LOT! 

    There were many things that happened in 2013 and I'd like to reminisce on some of it. Here are some of the highlights for MY year 2013.

    1. Made it through 1 year of work.
    When I first started work, I thought I wouldn't be able to make it through 1 year. At the start of work, I was kinda afraid of what I was gonna face and with people telling me how hard the working world was gonna be, scared me even more. Thankfully, by God's grace I've been working for 1 year 6 months and 8 days already. How time flies.

    2. Got a new car (dream car)
    YES! As many would know, I've always dreamt of owning/driving a Honda Jazz, ever since it came into existence.

    "Why Honda Jazz?" you ask. 
    Well, I'm no car fanatic and I've always admire the way the Jazz looks.

    Okay, anyway, this year, I've been blessed with one. In my right mind, I knew I will never be able to own it because of its ridiculously sky high price for a small car. However, as I always say, nature has its way of making things work, or rather, God knows our hearts best. The price of the car was priced ridiculously cheap and it became affordable to purchase one. What's even better, never would I thought I'd drive a hybrid car. With that being said, I get to save on fuel and driving around town would be so much more fun now.

    3. Grew a little tougher
    Since I got to KL, I've learned to be a little bit tougher, emotionally and mentally. Coming to KL was a huge step I had to take. Coming to KL to work means, no more going home to SP every weekend and resisting every temptation that is out there. Looking at most people in KL, everyone seems to be materialistic (still can't beat Singaporeans!). Having to own a branded bag or wear a branded shirt was always an option in KL. Putting me here with a minimum wage has taught me how to really manage my finance a little better (also, with the help of the boyfriend who is always better with money than I am). It felt great when I didn't go shopping for about 3-5 months with extra money to save. And hopefully, this continues as I'm motivated to save up for something bigger ahead! 

    4. Got a brand new MacBook Pro
    10 years ago, all I could do was just fantasise about owning a MacBook. Again, with its price so high, I knew I won't be able to afford it. However, I'm forever thankful to be able to own one now and this will stay with me for the next 3-5 years, maybe? :)

    5. Got to spend more time with my family despite being farther away
    When I was studying back in Kampar, spending time with my family more didn't seem like an issue as I could go back as often as 2-4 times a month (every weekend, that is). Now, in KL I can only go back 3 months once? But thankfully, my SUPER parents are always willing to sacrifice time and effort to come visit me in KL. And through that, I always treasure every second spent with them. We talk about life and everything in it. I'm so glad this remained no matter how many miles apart we are.

    6. 6 years and counting
    2013 is the 6th year I've known my best friend. That's definitely something to be thankful about. I'm so glad to be doing life with him. 

    That's about it. There are more, definitely but these are the few highlights that I just wanna be thankful for. I'm looking forward to 2014!

    Bring it on, 2014!


    "Reflections." was Posted On: Thursday, December 12, 2013 @6:26 PM | 0 lovely comments


    « Older posts


    Layout TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved.
    Please view with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Resources: TFN.